Sweet Potato and Brown Rice
I am not quite happy with this recipe. I started with this non-vegetarian version and changed a lot. A little more alteration needs to be done.
Spray a slow cooker with oil.
Put in the slow cooker:
- 5 cups water
- 1 Not Chick'n vegetarian bullion cube
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into one-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice, rinsed and uncooked
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 5 chard leaves, stems removed
- some fresh-picked thyme
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Serve with salt and black pepper and/or grated cheese.