Gingerbread Waffles or Pancakes
This is a quick and easy Winter recipe. The blender does all of the work!
- For waffles: turn on the waffle iron (if desired for keeping waffles warm, preheat oven to 275° and put a baking sheet or cookie rack inside)
- For pancakes: the pancakes will be thin, so heat the pan halfway between medium and medium low
In a blender, combine:
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 2/3 cups tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
If you have the time, allow the batter to sit a few minutes. This helps its consistency.
- For waffles: cook waffles for 6-8 minutes each: trust a timer or when the steam dwindles away, not the waffle iron lights.
- For pancakes: serve with maple syrup for real luxury