Healthy Brown Spice Cookies
This recipe has a lot of extras. If you wish, you can remove the chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Add to a large bowl:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt (we use vanilla)
- 1/2 cup milk or juice
- 1/2 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or coconut flour to be nut-free)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 4 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts (we use walnuts or pecans, leave out to be nut-free)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried fruit (we use dried cranberries)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon, scant
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Tablespoon-sized cookies will bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges begin to darken. The cookies do not spread much when baking, so this recipe is good for making fun shapes.
The recipe also works for bar cookies, for which baking time will very based upon thickness.